Organising a Mini-Symposium ‘MS’ and Special
Participants interested in organizing a MS/SS as part of IABMAS 2018 are requested to submit a proposal to the conference organisers by March 3rd, 2017. Prospective MS/SS organisers should consider the following items prior to submitting the proposal:
- There are typically five presentations in a single session.
- An MS is normally composed of no fewer than three sessions on a single topic of substantial current interest and importance in bridge maintenance, safety, and management. An SS is normally composed of two or one sessions.
- Speakers should be selected primarily for their current contributions to the topic area.
- Speakers should be as representative of researchers in the area as possible.
- MS/SS organizer may speak as part of the MS/SS he/she is organizing.
- MS/SS are discouraged in which most of the speakers come from the same organization or if all co-authors on the papers being presented in an MS/SS are from the same organization.
Preparation of the Proposal
The MS/SS Organiser(s) should provide the following information:
Title: Describe the subject of the MS/SS as accurately and specifically as possible in not more than 10 words.
Organiser: Provide the full name, title, affiliation, address, email address, telephone number, and, when available, fax number.
Summary: Describe the MS/SS in not more than 100 words. The summary should be written to attract those who specifically work on the topic as well as those who work in related areas. Based on experience, the following outline is suggested:
- Explain the problem area to be addressed by the speakers and why it is important in significant applications.
- Identify current directions of research and methods being developed to solve problems.
- Describe the scope of the mini-symposium.
Submitting the Proposal
If you are interested in organising a MS/SS as part of IABMAS 2018, please send your proposal, containing the above information, via email to the conference secretariat at: email@example.com by March 3rd, 2017. In the subject of the email message, please indicate “IABMAS 2018 MINI-SYMPOSIUM PROPOSAL” or “IABMAS 2018 SPECIAL SESSION PROPOSAL”.
- Key Dates
- Call for Abstracts Closed
- Registration Open September 2017
- Notification of Acceptance of Abstract 15 September 2017
- Full Paper Submission open 15 September 2017
- Full Paper Final Submission Deadline 1 November 2017
- Notification of Full Paper acceptance 22 November 2017
- Final Paper Submission12 January 2018
- Early bird Registration closes 2 March 2018
- Conference 9-13 July 2018
IABMAS 2018 Hosted by