Call for abstracts are now closed, however the program committee will consider late submissions on a case by case basis. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
IABMAS Australia will host the 9th International Conference on Bridge Maintenance, Safety and Management (IABMAS 2018) to be held in Melbourne, Australia. The conference will be held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre on 9-13 July 2018. IABMAS 2018 is organised on behalf of the International Association for Bridge Maintenance and Safety (IABMAS), under the auspices of VicRoads and co-hosts Swinburne University of Technology, Monash University, and RMIT University.
IABMAS 2018 will provide an engaging atmosphere and will provide sufficient free time to catch up with old friends and new collaborators.
Authors are kindly invited to submit 300 word abstracts before 23 July 2017, through the online submission system. Authors will be notified regarding the acceptance of their abstracts in July 2017.
Topics of interest include:
BRIDGE DESIGN AND MANAGEMENT
- New design methods
- Bridge codes
- Heavy vehicle and load models
- Bridge management systems
- Prediction of the future traffic demands
- Service life predictions
- Residual service life
- Sustainability and life-cycle assessments
BRIDGE INSPECTION AND MAINTENANCE
- Maintenance strategies
- Bridge diagnostics
- Health monitoring
- Non-destructive testing
- Field testing
- Safety and serviceability
- Assessment and evaluation
- Damage identification
- Deterioration modelling
- Repair and retrofitting strategies
- Bridge reliability
- Fatigue and corrosion
- Extreme loads (earthquake, fire, blast, floods, hurricanes, waves, tsunamis, etc.)
- Advanced experimental simulations
- Advanced computer simulations
The official language of the Conference is English. The Conference proceedings will be published by Taylor & Francis and will be distributed at the Conference to registered participants. Extended versions of selected papers presented at the Conference will be considered for publication in Structure and Infrastructure Engineering - Maintenance, Management, Life-Cycle Design & Performance, an international peer-reviewed scientific journal endorsed by IABMAS, and included in the ISI Science Citation Index (http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/nsie).
We look forward to welcoming you in Melbourne, Australia, for IABMAS 2018.
For further details, please contact the IABMAS 2018 Secretariat on: email@example.com
Nigel Powers and Dan Frangopol, Chairs, IABMAS 2018
Riadh Al-Mahaidi, Co-Chair International Scientific Committee, IABMAS 2018
Colin Caprani, Secretary, International Scientific Committee, IABMAS 2018
- Key Dates
- Call for Abstracts Closed
- Registration Open September 2017
- Notification of Acceptance of Abstract 15 September 2017
- Full Paper Submission open 15 September 2017
- Full Paper Final Submission Deadline 1 November 2017
- Notification of Full Paper acceptance 22 November 2017
- Final Paper Submission12 January 2018
- Early bird Registration closes 2 March 2018
- Conference 9-13 July 2018
IABMAS 2018 Hosted by